Tuesday 18 October 2011

Another Expensive Lunch

Yesterday I grappled with the CCIE R&S Version 4.0 lab for the third time and walked away again without a number.

Troubleshooting is again the bane of my existence with configuration being challenging but more of a good exercise.  To be quite honest I would have preferred to have given up an hour of configuration time to take an extra half hour for troubleshooting, I think I probably needed an extra 10 minutes to close off another ticket.  The score report for the TS section was in alignment with my expectations that I was one ticket away from a pass - which I guess is at least an improvement on each of my previous attempts but still a fail.

I'm very thankful for my wife for her patience and understanding and encouragement not to give up.  Her support coupled with the original intentions on why I wanted to pursue this certification in the first place (Like the title of blog says, I do like playing with routers) helps keep the motivation going when the chips are down when otherwise I could throw in the towel.  Fortunately I still have some vacation days available I can use for a couple of days preparation before the next attempt however at this rate I think someone may be assigned #31337 before I get my digits :)

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that... What is the problem with the T-shoot'in? Is it the time? Or are the tickets so complicated that it does take an inordinate amount of time?

    Good Luck! Tim...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, sorry to hear this. I know there is not much I can say, but don't let this disappointing you and keep trying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Troubleshooting is my bugbear... time management used to be part of it but I think I have that more under control than I used to and a better methodology in solving them than I used to. However I'm still not quite fast enough in the real lab to close off quite enough tickets to scrape through. I plan to give the lab another attempt before the end of the year and have some tentative thoughts for more preparation in that area that I'll talk about in the next few days.

    ReplyDelete